Strategy and Communication Plans
Vision: To be the Voice for business in the Fairfield and Suisun City region.
Mission: To assist the Chamber in being a strong and strategic advocate for its members, while strengthening the economic vitality of area businesses and enhancing the quality of life in the community.
GOALS AND STRATEGIES:
In addition to the mission and goals set forth by the Fairfield-Suisun Chamber of Commerce, the Advocacy Council will enhance and more tightly focus its efforts to achieve specific strategic goals over the next two years. These include:
SERVE AS THE VOICE FOR BUSINESS:
The Chamber advocates for business success and regional economic growth by promoting policy and funding decisions on behalf of its members to local, state and federal government officials.
- Promoting its positions on key local, state, and federal issues impacting businesses;
- Recruiting business-friendly candidates for elected officials;
- Working collaboratively with government leaders to provide positive outcomes for its members
For additional information, please contact Andrea Garcia, Chair of the Advocacy Council at (707) 638-5272
Advocacy Council Current Legislative Agenda:
August 2017: Guest Speaker: Dan Sharp – Joint Meeting with Vacaville Chamber Business Issues Committee
- Housing Shortage in Solano County – A draft letter (Sharp) will be considered by the Advocacy Council, Fairfield-Suisun and Vacaville Chambers, Solano EDC, and the Board of Realtors
- Participation in the NAFTA letter being sent to the Administration and Congress
July 2017: Guest Speaker: Mike Easter – Joint Meeting with Solano EDC
- BAAQMD (Bay Area Air Quality Management District) –
- BAAQMD Proposed Regulations – Recommendation: Watch for further development
- Proposed Fairfield City Fire Prevention Fees – Concerning issues regarding fee increases to local businesses. Recommendation: Have the proposal come back to Council once structure is set in place (revised).
April 2017: Guest Speaker: Senator Bill Dodd
- BAAQMD Proposed Regulations – Tabled
- Proposed Fairfield City Fire Prevention Fees – Tabled
March 2017: Guest Speaker: Sandy Person and Mike Easter
- BAAQMD (Bay Area Air Quality Management District) Proposed Regulations – Discussion of various large businesses affected by draft rules.
February 2017: Guest Speaker: Terry Tallen/Katheryn and Michael Abbassi
- Mixed Land Use Letter Amended. See Amended Letter
January 2017: Guest Speaker: Richard Battersby
- Mixed Land Use – Letter created to the Fairfield City Council that relays the importance of land use to the well-being of the business environment and the economic vitality of the community as a whole. See Letter
December 2016: Guest Speaker: Fairfield City Council Member Chuck Timm
- Mixed Land Use
November 2016: Guest Speaker: Senator Bill Dodd and Assemblymember Jim Frazier
- Marijuana Law: What’s Next?
- Affordable Care Act
- Impact of Housing: SB350 – Mixed Land Use
- Transportation: Commuters – High Speed Communication
- Homelessness: Impact on businesses
- Prop 64: League of Cities
- Measures A & B – Council Supports
- Measure S – Council Supports
- Measure P – Council Supports