Strategy and Communication Plans
Vision: To be the Voice for business in the Fairfield and Suisun City region.
Mission: To assist the Chamber in being a strong and strategic advocate for its members, while strengthening the economic vitality of area businesses and enhancing the quality of life in the community.
GOALS AND STRATEGIES:
In addition to the mission and goals set forth by the Fairfield-Suisun Chamber of Commerce, the Advocacy Council will enhance and more tightly focus its efforts to achieve specific strategic goals over the next two years. These include:
SERVE AS THE VOICE FOR BUSINESS:
The Chamber advocates for business success and regional economic growth by promoting policy and funding decisions on behalf of its members to local, state and federal government officials.
- Promoting its positions on key local, state, and federal issues impacting businesses;
- Recruiting business-friendly candidates for elected officials;
- Working collaboratively with governement leaders to provide positive outcomes for its members
Advocacy Council Members
Advocacy Council Charter
Advocacy Council Application
For additional information, please contact Andrea Garcia, Chair of the Advocacy Council
Advocacy Council Current Legislative Agenda:
August 2017: Guest Speaker: Dan Sharp – Joint Meeting with Vacaville Chamber Business Issues Committee
- Housing Shortage in Solano County – A draft letter (Sharp) will be considered by the Advocacy Council, Fairfield-Suisun and Vacaville Chambers, Solano EDC, and the Board of Realtors
- Participation in the NAFTA letter being sent to the Administration and Congress
July 2017: Guest Speaker: Mike Easter – Joint Meeting with Solano EDC
- BAAQMD (Bay Area Air Quality Management District) –
- BAAQMD Proposed Regulations – Recommendation: Watch for further development
- Proposed Fairfield City Fire Prevention Fees – Concerning issues regarding fee increases to local businesses. Recommendation: Have the proposal come back to Council once structure is set in place (revised).
April 2017: Guest Speaker: Senator Bill Dodd
- BAAQMD Proposed Regulations – Tabled
- Proposed Fairfield City Fire Prevention Fees – Tabled
March 2017: Guest Speaker: Sandy Person and Mike Easter
- BAAQMD (Bay Area Air Quality Management District) Proposed Regulations – Discussion of various large businesses affected by draft rules.
February 2017: Guest Speaker: Terry Tallen/Katheryn and Michael Abbassi
- Mixed Land Use Letter Amended. See Amended Letter
January 2017: Guest Speaker: Richard Battersby
- Mixed Land Use – Letter created to the Fairfield City Council that relays the importance of land use to the well-being of the business environment and the economic vitality of the community as a whole. See Letter
December 2016: Guest Speaker: Fairfield City Council Member Chuck Timm
- Mixed Land Use
November 2016: Guest Speaker: Senator Bill Dodd and Assemblymember Jim Frazier
- Marijuana Law: What’s Next?
- Affordable Care Act
- Impact of Housing: SB350 – Mixed Land Use
- Transportation: Commuters – High Speed Communication
- Homelessness: Impact on businesses
- Prop 64: League of Cities
- Measures A & B – Council Supports
- Measure S – Council Supports
- Measure P – Council Supports